ExtendSim PRO adds to standard simulation essential functions for modeling continuous, discrete, batch, bulk and mixed processes, in the fields of chemicals, food, and metallurgy plants. It is also the configuration most adapted for modeling high-rate production lines, where representing each element individually is classically a disadvantage.
The specific Rate library includes tanks, valves, conveyors, sensors, for modeling bulk systems, tracking individual items, allowing discrete items to exchange information and flow with continuous material.
Library with rare features!
Main technical points in the Rate library for continuous and hybrid flows:
- co-operative discrete and continuous flows in the same model,
- quick calculation and flow throughput,
- real-time animation of maximum rate and actual rate,
- animation of tank level and direction of flow, plus blocking and starving conditions,
- attributes for qualifying flows (e.g. distinguish the different layers in a tank),
- goals for flow quantities and duration.
Advanced tools for simulation professionals
- The Reliability library for RBD (Reliability Block Diagramming), focusing on identifying which resource availabilities are most important, and to what extent the timing and duration of their unavailability impacts the system. It can be used as either a standalone RBD tool or in conjunction with ExtendSim simulation capabilities.
- The Excel Add-In for ExtendSim databases allows you to completely specify a new ExtendSim database in Excel, including parent/child relationships, cell randomization, named distributions, etc. Then export the database for use in ExtendSim models.
- Importing/exporting data with Oracle.
Download a fact sheet about ExtendSim